Saturday, May 7, 2011

Our Family Getaway (Much Needed!)










Our lives have been work-work-work, go-go-go non-stop for quite a while now. We set a date and all 5 of us went downtown to Indy and spent a day. First we went to Cracker Barrell for breakfast (can I get an AMEN!!), then we went to the Indians baseball game. We caught a t-shirt, then we walked to Circle Center mall and ate at Asian Chao which is our favorite and the lady there even remembered us from when we would ride our bikes there each Saturday when Matthew was a baby. We went upstairs at Circle Center and played in the arcade for a while. My favorite game there is deal or no-deal and you can win 2,000 tickets. I'm tellin ya its a kiddie los vegas! After the mall, we walked to Conseco Fieldhouse to see if anybody famous was practicing in the practice gym and we shopped in the gift shop. We walked back to Victory Field and saw the 2nd game (it was a double header) and then we went to Anderson on the way home and raced Go-Karts. Ok, so i made a bet with James that whoever lost had to buy dinner for the other. I'm convinced that somehow he got the guy to drain power out of my go-kart cuz i came in 2nd and y'all know I was trying! Then we went to Mulligans for dinner and I had to pay. It was a wonderful day. We dropped all the responsibility of life and the current stresses we have and just got away. I loved it. I thank God for my family. God has been so good to me.

1 comment:

Cass said...

I am so glad you guys got to get away for a bit. :) Love you all.