Tuesday, February 10, 2009

James broke his arm...

Sunday morning I woke to get ready for church and found that matthew had put Coconut our kitten in the fridge. She was fine, I don't think she was in there that long! Plus the boys squeezed a whole bottle of glue onto my leather ottoman and our kitchen was flooded by a plumbing problem. Marc had taken a bath the night before and he didn't drain the water. Something made the water come down from the upstairs bathroom to our kitchen below. I tried to hurry and clean because I knew we were having 2 people over to our house after church. Then on top of it all, I snagged my nylons in the car on the way to pick up Kristy. Then sunday night James played basketball and broke his arm. A big 6 foot 2 inch tall guy ran right into james while playing basketball and James tried to brace himself and completely dislocated his arm and broke his elbow. It was a rough night. They had to put james to sleep to put his arm back into socket. I was in the ER until 2:30am and was still in my high heels from sunday school! We got home around 3am and it was rough! Monday Kristy and I cooked 13 lbs of hamburger for a taco buffet bar we were doing for the men's meeting. I spoke for the ladies meeting and it went well.

James managed to do a funeral today too. He did a good job. He had a church member drive him, which was nice. But with all that we just came home and took a long nap!

James' orthopedic doctors appt will be at 8:45 am tomorrow. That is when we will know when/if we need surgery. That will be when he gets a full cast and the results of the cat scan. I'll keep you updated! Thanks for your prayers!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Oh my goodness, when it rains, it pours! My prayers go out to you all, and hopefully, James won't need surgery! Hang in there!
Blessings, ~Mary~

Marci said...

WOW WHEN DO YOU CATCH A BREAK... LET ME GUESS SUNDAY AFTERNOONS. SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT ALL THIS.